Handover of the finances from the previous Treasurer
More information is available on the Change of PCC Treasurer or Incumbent checklist.
Treasurer Task Breakdown
This is available on the Treasurers' page.
Ensure a budget is prepared.
Understand how your PCC works
- What reports are required by your PCC?
- Main sources of income and expenditure
- What is Parish Share?
- How records are kept (Cashbook can be downloaded for free)
- How/who deals with Gift Aid and Gift Aid Small Donations Scheme (GASDS) claims
- How/who deals with Parochial Fees (weddings & funerals)
- PCC Accountability: all charities which prepare accruals accounts are required to follow one of two charity Statements Of Recommended Practice (SORP).
- National church’s Parish Resources website for parish officers, which includes sections on Parish Finance, Gift Aid and Giving.
- The Association of Church Accountants & Treasurers (ACAT) has produced a New Treasurers’ Guide (downloadable from the Parish Resources website).
- Cashbook training is offered on request from the Cashbook Champions.
- Visit the The Association of Church Accountants & Treasurers (ACAT) website for details of the training they offer.
These are published in Connect (replacing the Treasurers' Newsletter).
Members of the Finance and Parish Resources & Development teams are here to assist you, so please get in touch if we can help.
- The Finance team, Parish Share, Stipends, CCLA
- Sue Whitehead, Deanery and Parish Support Administrator
- Matthew Pinnock, Head of Finance and Operations - general enquiries about parish accounting