Here is a range of resources which you can adapt to your local situation, to encourage planned giving. See the downloads below and other pages in this section for resources to help PCCs look at planned giving or to distribute to your church members as part of a planned giving review.
- Generosity Week helps to create a culture of generosity in your church.
- Giving for Life is a national planned giving project from the Church of England, including leaflets for church members and for PCCs.
- Giving programmes – there are a range of programmes on the national site suitable for different churches and from different perspectives, including the Simple Giving Programme for smaller churches and the Parish Funding Programme.
- Giving Charts can help encourage people to look at their giving as a proportion of their income. See information on average giving levels in the diocese and giving charts (find out more on our How Much page).
- Try an original idea – a church did their planned giving review by inviting members/families to cycle/walk with their renewal pack between homes one Sunday afternoon, during which pledges were collected, culminating in a celebratory supper in the evening. See their Circuit Rider resource pack below for guidelines, information sheet, letters to lead riders, members, distant members, others, plus timetable.
Who to contact
Gary Watson, Giving and Funding Adviser
Sue Whitehead, PA to Giving and Funding Adviser